Bring it on! Youth workshops on digital media and podcasting
Series of FREE digital media and podcasting workshops for youth ages 14-24 in the Fairfield Local Government Area.
The Bring It On! The digital media workshops will offer local young people (aged 14-24) the opportunity to learn practical digital media skills and present alongside Western Sydney’s MC Trey – creative leader and host of the Pasific vodcast Tingz at The Street University Liverpool.
Participants will learn practical skills in public speaking, communication, research and ethical interviewing as you aim to join the youth media team interviewing artists at the Bring It On! Party on Sunday April 10.
What to expect
- Hands-on experience with recording equipment at Studio 2166
- Learn how to structure an engaging episode for a podcast, vodcast, radio show or digital media
- Learn what to consider before posting online – interview safely and protect your story
- Putting this into practice – interviewing artists from West Sydney headlining Bring It On! Festival
Who is it for ?
Young people aged 14-24 living (or spending most of their time in) the Fairfield Local Government Area interested in digital storytelling, public speaking, MC-ing or podcasting.
4 face-to-face workshops will take place at Studio 2166 at the Whitlam Library, 165 Railway Pde, Cabramatta NSW 2166
Dates and times:
The workshops are:
- Thursday, March 17, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Thursday, March 24, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Thursday, March 31, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Thursday, April 7, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Participants must attend all four workshops
All attendees must also be available for the Bring It On! Festival:
- Sunday April 10, 2022 at the Fairfield Showground
Participants will receive a certificate of recognition upon completion of the full workshop program.
All sessions will have free food!
The Bring It On! The Film Crew Workshops are run by Fairfield City Council in close partnership with Street University and Studio 2166, Whitlam Library.
For more information, visit Eventbrite